The Calle Ancha (Wide Street) is, since the eighteenth century, the heart of the city.
During the period of the Cortes of Cadiz in 1812 it became the hearth of the developing sessions, as reflected in the work of Benito Perez Galdos.
Among others, the following buildings are worth mentioning: the Church of the Conversion de San Pablo at No. 34, the palace of the Mora at No. 28 and the Casa de los Cinco Gremios (The House of the Five Guilds) at No. 16.