Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de la Palma
The Church of Nuestra Señora de la Palma began its construction in 1720, because the Shrine of Nuestra Señora de Europa was too small to accommodate the increasing population of the city. It was opened for worship in 1738 when they finished the work of the main nave and the two lateral naves, later it was extended with two aisles but it took a while.
The temple, built in the popular Baroque style with colonial elements was not consecrated until 1829, year when the works was fully completed with the construction of the belfry.
Of the outside, the centenary monumental clock is remarkable. The interior houses a large number of carvings and its high altar is dedicated to the Patron Saint and Perpetua Mayor of the city, the Virgin of La Palma.