Iglesia de San Agustín
The Church of San Agustin was built in the first half of the 17th century. Shaped in the form of a Latin cross, in the exterior highlighted are the main facade and its marble portal, built in Genoa by Sancho de Urdanibia in 1647, designed by Alejandro Saavedra and wherein the image of Saint Augustine appears.
The interior is sober, mixing characteristics of neoclassical reform with a touch of baroque decoration. The altarpiece is a noteworthy work of Pedro Ángel Albisu featuring paintings by Alvarez Enciso and carvings by Alonso Martínez in 1666.
Highlighted is the Cristo de la Humildad y Paciencia, a carving done by Jacinto Pimentel in 1638, whose polychrome is attributed to Francisco de Zurbarán.
The most important piece is the sculpture of Cristo de la Buena Muerte, a polychrome carved wood figure of the crucified Christ made in 1649 to chair the burial chapel of the convent of friars belonging to the church. It is considered one of the masterpieces of Spanish sculpture works of the seventeenth century.