Plaza del Mentidero
The Mentidero Square is located in a very interesting place for tourists. Close to the Plaza de San Antonio, the Falla Theater, the Genoese Park and the Alameda Apodaca, its construction began in 1755 to complete that part of the town.
Here are two curiosities about this place. The locals in their free time gathered here around a cross and gave out news of all kinds, especially false news, so it became popularly known as Plaza de la Cruz de las Mentiras (“the Square of the Cross of the Lies”); this denomination derives its present name. In this corner of the city the second public proclamation of the Constitution of Cadiz was performed on the same day March the 19th of 1812